Assistant/Associate Professor of Spanish, Catar
|Descripción||El departamento de Literatura inglesa y Lingüística de la Universidad de Catar está buscando un profesor de español.|
|Contrato||1. A three-year renewable contract. |
2. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
4. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
6. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. End-of-contract indemnity.
|Salario||Salary is commensurate with experience.|
|Requisitos||Ph.D. in one of the following areas: Spanish linguistics, literature, applied linguistics, or second language education with focus on Spanish, or related field by the time of appointment.|
Candidates must have native or near-native proficiency in Spanish, a strong peer-reviewed publication record, show evidence of excellent teaching skills and have at least three years of post-doctoral Spanish teaching. They must have solid background in the field of Second/Foreign Language teaching and experience in the following:
a. Curriculum development and assessment,
b. Culturally appropriate teaching material design, and
c. The use of technology in teaching Spanish
d. Preference will be given to candidates with DELE examiner certification
|Responsabilidades||1. Teach courses in the area of expertise|
2. Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
3. Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
4. Serve as student advisor
5. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
|Plazo||30 de enero de 2020|