Se busca profesor/a de primaria para escuela privada bilingüe en Hoboken, New Jersey.
Tessa International School is a fast-growing bi-lingual primary and pre-school located in Hoboken, NJ, a short distance from Manhattan. Tessa is searching for a Grade 1 Spanish Teacher to join Team Tessa this fall (2020). Tessa is now in its third year with 92 students and aiming to grow by at least twice its size in the next two years.
The Grade 1 Spanish Head Teacher will collaborate with the Grade 1 English teacher on Units of Inquiry and all academic areas. The ideal candidate will be a caring teacher with strong experience in teaching Grade 1, ideally in a PYP dual language program.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Holds an advanced degree in the education field
- Is a certified teacher
- Prior experience in independent schools
- Experienced in bilingual education
- Prior experience with the IB- PYP program (International Baccalaureate)
- Has experience as a self-contained Grade 1 teacher
- Is a native or fluent Spanish teacher
- Is fluent in English
- Has experience and training in Readers and Writers Workshop, Words Their Way, Singapore Math, Engage NY, and similar programs
- Is an excellent communicator
- Is passionate about education and is global in outlook and belief
- Is entrepreneurial and adaptable
- Has a positive attitude and energetic personality
- Is a team player
- Is intellectually curious and open
- Is good at multitasking and a doer
- Is hard working and efficient
- Is technology-savvy
The salary is commensurate with the responsibilities of the position. Health Insurance and a 401K plan are available to eligible employees. The school also offers generous paid vacation time, professional development, and free tuition for eligible dependents.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org