Cursos Internacionales de la Universidad de Salamanca has partnered with LanguageCert for the delivery of Professional Spanish Language examinations worldwide.
The two organisations have joined forces to continue offering the Spanish BULATS tests (Business Language Testing Service) under the new name LanguageCert USAL esPro. The tests continue to be developed by Cursos Internacionales de la Universidad de Salamanca, however they are administered through a new online platform provided by LanguageCert’s mother organisation, PeopleCert. LanguageCert USAL esPro tests have been designed and abide by the most rigorous quality and reliability standards and are mapped to the CEFR. They aim to evaluate the language skills level of candidates who need to use Spanish for professional purposes.
Who are the LanguageCert USAL esPro Tests intended for?
- Non-native speakers of Spanish worldwide wanting to provide documented evidence of their knowledge of Spanish, for employment
- Students attending courses in Spanish language, where a proof of knowledge of Spanish is required
LanguageCert USAL esPro Listening and Reading is now available through LanguageCert Online exams. LanguageCert Online exams with remote, live invigilation is a new service that allows candidates to take an exam anytime (24/7/365), anywhere and delivers results in just 2 business days. All that is needed is a computer, a webcam and an internet connection. A real person (invigilator) is always online to guide, support and supervise the candidate during the exam process. The invigilation is conducted in English. This is an innovative way of delivering exams that lead to the same qualiﬁcations as exams on-site: same exam, same certiﬁcate, same recognition.
Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Listening: 25 minutes
- Reading: 35 minutes
- Multiple choice: candidates read a text or listen to a recording and then answer questions. Each question has three or four options, only one of which is correct.
- Cloze: candidates are given a text with gaps, where words or phrases are missing.
- Gapped sentences: candidates are given individual sentences each with one word missing. They choose the correct word to fill the gap from the four options given.